Due to the pandemic, the world is slowly shifting from the offline to the online world. Initially, social media was used to socialize and connect with our family, friends, and loved ones but nowadays businesses have also started using social media and the internet to advertise, market and connect with their customers online.
With the advent of New Digital trends like Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Blockchain Technology, Web 3.0, Cryptocurrency, and Digital Marketing there are huge chances of these technologies being used for unethical activities
Cryptocurrency-based scams and crimes hit an all-time high in 2021 said a recent report published by Chainalysis. There are many such Cybercrimes happening in India daily as a result there is a huge demand and need for Cybersecurity experts in India.
As per a recent report by World Economic Forum, the world lacks 3 million professionals in the cybersecurity domain.
The shortage of such professionals worldwide who have the ability to provide cyber leadership, test and secure data systems and train people in Digital hygiene.
Hence this is the best time for individuals to pursue a Career in Cybersecurity
How can one start a fresh new career in Cybersecurity in 2022?
A fresh graduate who just stepped out of his college life thinks about making a good career. Having a technical degree with good skills in programming like Java, C++, Python, etc. can help to start his/her career in Cyber Security.
The year 2022 is just breaking the pandemic barriers and is ready to offer some amazing opportunities for young minds.
A Graduate in Cybersecurity can build his career in the following 5 job profiles:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Cyber Security Manager/Administrator
- Software Developer/Engineer
- Systems Engineer
The skills required for an individual to get the desired role in Cybersecurity are as follows:
- Technical skills: It is important for beginners to understand the architecture, administration and management of Windows, Linux Distros, and have a grip on firewalls and network load balancers. Having a degree in cybersecurity will help in strengthening the foundation of cybersecurity.
- Problem-solving skills: As a cybersecurity professional, one may face challenges in an existing or emerging tech environment, and having problem-solving skills will play an important role.
- Understanding of Cyber Security Policies: There are multiple cybersecurity laws and regulations that can protect people from becoming victims of cybercrimes, and hence one must be aware of these laws.
- Hacking Trends: In order to efficiently protect an organization’s network and infrastructure, it is important to understand and know hacking trends. This skill will not only help in understanding how a system/network can be breached in the time of need but also provide creative solutions during crises.
- Networking and System Administration: To have an in-depth understanding of networking, one needs to start a career in cybersecurity, and learn networking that can help in understanding technical aspects of data transmission, which can further help in securing data. Alongside this, having an inclination in understanding configurations and every other aspect of computer features will be an added advantage.
The following Cyber Security certification courses are in most demand and can pave the way for a great career path.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Information and Cyber Security Certification
- Cloud Security Professional
- PG Diploma in Cybersecurity
- Cloud Computing and Cyber Security Certification
So, in this way, one can start afresh a new Cyber Security career in 2022 and make their dreams come true.
Views expressed above are the author’s own.
END OF ARTICLE